One arrested for assaulting cop, another absconding
- Sonia Gandhi attacks BJP ideology, says Country is at crossroads
- Rahul mocks Modi, says his Gujarat development model is a toffee model
- Under fire over Baru's revelation, Congress retorts by calling 'Vajpayee the weakest PM India ever had'
- Narendra Modi, party not separate, no infighting: BJP on Joshi's remarks
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi
Following a quarrel in Sector 28 at 11 pm on Saturday, UT Police have registered a case against two persons for allegedly assaulting a police officer while on duty.
One of the accused ,Wasim was arrested by the police while co-accused, Sakil, managed to escape. The police officials said that the accused were under the influence of alcohol.
The incident happened at 11 pm when the Police Control Room (PCR) received a call that two persons were beating up a man in market area of Sector 28. The nearby PCR vehicle reached the spot to stop the quarrel. However, as the police intervened, the accused who were assaulting a third person also hit Police Constable Satinder.
Meanwhile, the police personnel from Sector 26 police station reached the spot. One of the police officials said, "There was so much confusion at the spot by the time we reached as the two accused were constantly trying to assault the police officials."
In the entire confusion, Sakil managed to flee from the spot and is absconding.
The other accused Wasim was arrested. However, as the police vehicle was taking the accused to the police station, he kept banging his head in the window of the vehicle, said one of the police officials.
"Since he was hurt and one of our constables was also hurt, we took the accused to Government Medical College and Hospital in Sector 32 where he again tried to assault us," said the police official.
Wasim who was arrested by the police was sent to judicial custody while Sakil is yet to be arrested.
- To attract more bidders, UT may make changes in excise policy this year
- AAP rally draws tepid response as senior leaders give it a miss
- Jaitley versus Captain: Hard fight, harder to call
- Attack on teachers, medical staff: Maoists say sorry for ‘lapse’
- Swamp of Muslim candidates may upset Congress applecart
- RSS-led core group maps Modi campaign route