One dead, two hurt in Saki Naka explosion
- Assam woman who attended Rahul event dies of burn injuries, police say she's not the one who kissed him
- Aam Aadmi Party releases third list of candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Opinion polls Manipulation: EC asks Centre to take action
- State Forest Dept guest house is police custody for Sahara chief Subrata Roy
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade
One person was killed and two persons injured in a blast in a powder-coating unit in Saki Naka, Andheri (East), Sunday, police said. This is the second such incident in Saki Naka this year. An explosion in an industrial unit had killed seven persons on March 30. The owners of both the plot and the factory were arrested.
Police said the explosion took place around 4 am inside Dhanlaxmi Powder Coating, Anis Compound, behind Ajmeri Masjid on the Andheri-Ghatkopar Road. All three persons inside at the time were labourers, police said. While Mohammad Kalam Ahmad (26) and Mohammad Ashfaq Ansari (24) were injured, Sunilkumar Sharma (23) was killed. Ansari was discharged from Rajawadi Hospital, while Ahmad is being treated for minor injuries.
Santosh Singh, 27, the owner of Dhanlaxmi Powder Coating and Dharmendra Jaisawar, 30, who owns the plot on which the unit stands, were arrested.
"The three were operating a container used in coating metal furniture under high pressure and high temperatures. Pressure build-up might have triggered the explosion," said senior inspector Prasanna More. He added that the unit was illegal.