One dies in Muzaffarnagar riots' relief camp
- Mamata Banerjee govt saving those involved in Saradha scam: Rahul Gandhi
- Senior Pakistan journalist Hamid Mir shot at in Karachi
- One dead in Odisha post-poll violence
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs KKR: DD beat KKR by four wickets
A riot-victim has died in a a private relief camp at Barnawi village in the neighbouring Shamli district here.
48-year-old Bablu fell ill and died due to cold on Friday, claimed the organizer and the village head Hafiz Hauser.
Kauser said that at least 250 people are in the Barnawi relief camp.
Meanwhile, government authorities have shifted 250 families from Madarsa private camp in Shamli town and another 126 families from the Sanjak village relief camp to safer places to prevent them from the cold wave conditions sweeping across the Uttar Pradesh.
More than 60 persons were killed and over 40,000 displaced in communal violence that broke out in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining areas in September last year.
- Need equal rights for all gender minorities: Transgenders
- Rahul questions Mamata inaction on Saradha scam
- Karnataka govt ends lockout at Toyota plants
- After Pune, BJP now raises doubts about Mumbai voters’ list
- In Etawah, SP candidate holds ears to seek forgiveness and votes
- Cong, Shia cleric supporters trade charges day after attack on MLA