One For All
- NIA Dy SP Mohammed Tanzil shot dead, agency says attack was planned
- Kolkata flyover collapse: How red flags raised over contractor, project were ignored
- Secured release of 4 Indians from Syria: Sushma Swaraj
- Gujarat riots: Closing the door on 2002
- Omar Abdullah: Look forward to PDP MLAs saying 'Bharat Mata Ki Jai' after swearing-in
Today, I want to take this moment of loss, to remind myself of something that sometimes gets forgotten — the digital technologies that we take for granted and often use just for fun, have a strong potential for social and political change. While it is great that the digital world has offered new spaces for content generation, information sharing, cultural production and social connection, it also has the potential to build safe, just and inclusive information societies. I don't know if we should buy into the rhetoric that the next global war is going to be around information, but we should remember that information is definitely worth fighting for and making accessible to all.
- Dazzle of '7.5% GDP growth' shouldn't blind us to reality
- The hope, faith PM Modi inspired in 2014 speeches is fading
- T20: Once scorned by purists, can now be a thing of real beauty
- Article 356: Federalism, democracy twin pillars which have to be honoured
- Inside Track: Amit Shah, an admirer of Indira Gandhi?
- Military alignments with US, without open debate, may foreclose India’s options