One held for murder of Haryana cop, remanded
- Army fight off terrorist attack on camp in Samba, operation still on
- Kasab never asked for mutton biryani, I cooked it up: Ujjwal Nikam
- He ‘harassed’ me, IAS officer Ravi’s batchmate told cops hours after his death
- Explained: Overshoot to kill
- Renuka Choudhary booked for allegedly demanding Rs 1.10 crore from Congress aspirant
Rohtak police, on Friday, arrested one person for his involvement in the murder of a retired Haryana Police Inspector Ramkishan Dahiya. The accused was produced in court and remanded to seven days of police custody. The accused has been identified as Ashok, cousin of notorious criminal Sandeep - who was shot and killed by Dahiya in 2006 during a police encounter in Morkheri village. The inspector was gunned down by three armed youth on January 30, this year.
As per police, Ashok had done a recce of Dahiya's movements and passed it on to Sandeep's brother. On the morning of January 30, when Dahiya was supervising construction at his residence, three armed assailants came and opened fire at point-blank range. Dahiya succumbed to gunshot injuries and died on the spot.
"We suspect Ashok might be aware of the suspected hideouts of Sandeep's brother and his accomplices," Rohtak police's spokesperson Ved Singh Nain told The Indian Express.
Inspector Ramkishan Dahiya, who was posted as SHO of Meham police station, Rohtak, was placed under suspension on December 30, 2012 - a day before he was to retire - for allegedly taking a bribe of Rs 40,000 from three youngsters accused of vehicle theft, in lieu of letting them go. He was gunned down a month after retirement.