One held for murder of Haryana cop, remanded
- PM Modi discusses GST bill with Manmohan, Sonia at 7 RCR; Cong says demands non-political
- Withdraw convocation invite to Narendra Modi: Jamia Millia alumni to VC
- PoK will remain with Pakistan, J&K will remain with India: Farooq Abdullah
- Liquor ban in Bihar: Nitish Kumar's poll promise to women comes at a high cost
- Amarinder Singh appointed as new Punjab Cong President
Rohtak police, on Friday, arrested one person for his involvement in the murder of a retired Haryana Police Inspector Ramkishan Dahiya. The accused was produced in court and remanded to seven days of police custody. The accused has been identified as Ashok, cousin of notorious criminal Sandeep - who was shot and killed by Dahiya in 2006 during a police encounter in Morkheri village. The inspector was gunned down by three armed youth on January 30, this year.
As per police, Ashok had done a recce of Dahiya's movements and passed it on to Sandeep's brother. On the morning of January 30, when Dahiya was supervising construction at his residence, three armed assailants came and opened fire at point-blank range. Dahiya succumbed to gunshot injuries and died on the spot.
"We suspect Ashok might be aware of the suspected hideouts of Sandeep's brother and his accomplices," Rohtak police's spokesperson Ved Singh Nain told The Indian Express.