One held for murder of KFC manager
- Arunachal crisis: SC to hear Congress plea against President's rule at 2 pm
- 6 years later, the admission — ‘Yes, I shot him dead, he was unarmed, officer told me to’
- India is doing great, nobody talks about it, says Donald Trump
- NFHS report reveals 50% children under five years anaemic in West Bengal
- Toyota sells 10.15 million vehicles in 2015, remains world's biggest automaker
Ludhiana police, on Saturday, claimed to have solved the blind murder of Maninder Kaur, who was killed on August 17. Deep Raj, the main accused for the murder, was arrested on Friday. Ludhiana police commissioner, Ishwar Singh, said the motive behind the murder was an illegal weapon that Deep kept at Maninder's house.
Sandeep, who was Maninder's friend and Deep's girlfriend, has also been arrested.
As per police probe, Deep kept an illegal gun at Maninder's house, which bothered the deceased. Maninder had asked Sandeep to take the gun from her house and later threatened the duo to tkae the gun to the police.
"A few days after being threatened, the couple took Maninder out for a movie and on their way back Deep killed Maninder with the illegal weapon," said PC Ishwar Singh.
"A few days after the murder, Sandeep was found near the clock tower where she tried to commit suicide by slitting her wrist nerves, but timely intervention by the police help saved her life," Singh said, adding that Sandeep had been pregnant and delivered a baby in jail a few days ago.
"Sandeep was living with Deep Raj in a hotel after the murder and one day both had an argument due to which Sandeep went to commit suicide where she was arrested by police though in injured state," Singh said.
- It is clear PM’s concept of nationhood extends beyond constitutional parameters
- The sensitive and old controversy about the minority character of AMU
- Why the proposal to build a new Parliament building is a bit jolting
- AIR’s decision to share its rich archives through an online radio station is welcome
- Asset sales are the way for govt to protect credibility while avoiding procyclical fiscal stance
- Who killed Rohith Vemula?