One held for murder of KFC manager
- Myanmar says operation on militants was on Indian side of border
- Somnath Bharti's wife accuses him of domestic violence, DCW issues notice
- Debt-stressed Punjab farmer, who met Rahul Gandhi, commits suicide
- Jitender Tomar did not graduate from our varsity: RML Awadh University
- Railways staggers tatkal booking to ease pressure, upto 50 pc refund on cancellation
Ludhiana police, on Saturday, claimed to have solved the blind murder of Maninder Kaur, who was killed on August 17. Deep Raj, the main accused for the murder, was arrested on Friday. Ludhiana police commissioner, Ishwar Singh, said the motive behind the murder was an illegal weapon that Deep kept at Maninder's house.
Sandeep, who was Maninder's friend and Deep's girlfriend, has also been arrested.
As per police probe, Deep kept an illegal gun at Maninder's house, which bothered the deceased. Maninder had asked Sandeep to take the gun from her house and later threatened the duo to tkae the gun to the police.
"A few days after being threatened, the couple took Maninder out for a movie and on their way back Deep killed Maninder with the illegal weapon," said PC Ishwar Singh.
"A few days after the murder, Sandeep was found near the clock tower where she tried to commit suicide by slitting her wrist nerves, but timely intervention by the police help saved her life," Singh said, adding that Sandeep had been pregnant and delivered a baby in jail a few days ago.
"Sandeep was living with Deep Raj in a hotel after the murder and one day both had an argument due to which Sandeep went to commit suicide where she was arrested by police though in injured state," Singh said.
The police also informed that Deep was already married and had two children, and is wanted in connection with a murder case in Zira.