One in five men have a secret email account
- After Fali Nariman, former SC judge questions Lokpal selection process
- TRS wonât merge, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
- Flanked by Paswans, Modi sells âN(Development)Aâ
- Gadkari âproposalâ for Raj: Donât put up candidates for LS
- CBI to look into DLF high-rise plan near Rashtrapati Bhavan
One in five men have a secret email account they use to hide love affairs, financial issues and correspondence with an ex from their partner, according to a new study.
Researchers found that millions of men keep an account they opened years ago to correspond with an ex-partner or somebody their other half doesn't like.
Others said they deliberately set up the account because they were having an affair, while keeping financial issues from their partner also emerged as a common reason, the Daily Mail reported.
One in twenty men admitted buying a second mobile phone to ensure ultimate secrecy and 77 per cent of men said they regularly deleted text messages in case their wife or girlfriend went 'snooping' through their phone, found the survey by a UK-based software company.
"Of course there are legitimate security concerns that might involve someone setting up a second email address, or clearing browser history," Mike Hodges, COO at BullGuard, who carried out the research, said.
"We would hope that in most cases this is being done for moral reasons for example to help avoid phishing scams and not because people are being unfaithful or up to no good," Hodges said.
The poll also found 20 per cent of men who keep emails hush-hush said there were certain aspects of their life their spouse just didn't need to know about.
One quarter of men said they would be left red faced if someone went through their 'Google' history.
It also emerged that more than one in twenty men has even been dumped because of something incriminating a partner had found on their phone or PC.
A crafty one in four men use a plethora of different passwords to their email accounts and social networking sites to try and deceive the lady in their life.
- Russia tightens grip in Crimea, West threatens ‘consequences’
- Heavy patrolling in Sector 23 after thief leaves daring note
- Difference of opinion between Patil and UT’s senior standing counsel led to his resignation
- Commissioner to look into shady land deals in 35 villages: High Court
- Class X maths exam easy for some, tough for others
- Panchkula MC approves budget of Rs 39 crore