One killed, another injured while repairing AC

A mechanic was killed and another injured when ammonia gas leaked from a minor explosion in a faulty air-conditioner in the Bengal Chamber of Commerce office on Saturday, police sources said. The mechanic who was injured while repairing the machine was rushed to hospital in a serious condition, they added. Fire tenders rushed to the spot.

Cough syrup seized

Agartala: A consignment of Phensedyl, a cough syrup abused as an intoxicant, was seized by the BSF from Churaibari, in North Tripura district, police sources said on Saturday. The siezure was made on Friday. The driver and his helper, both arrested, belong to West Bengal, the sources added.

Please read our terms of use before posting comments
TERMS OF USE: The views expressed in comments published on indianexpress.com are those of the comment writer's alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of The Indian Express Group or its staff. Comments are automatically posted live; however, indianexpress.com reserves the right to take it down at any time. We also reserve the right not to publish comments that are abusive, obscene, inflammatory, derogatory or defamatory.