One killed as truck driver steps on the gas to cross traffic lights
- Highest earners in 75% rural households earned below Rs 5K: SECC
- Ex-RAW chief's revelation: Congress seeks PM's apology for Gujarat riots
- Hema Malini's car accident: Victim's family upset with BJP MP
- Kandahar operation: BJP dismisses ex-RAW chief's claims of 'goof-up'
- Gujarat HC dismisses petition against PM Narendra Modi for filing defective affidavit
Kulwant Singh Jagga, a Manimajra resident, said, "The truck driver hit a cyclist, went onto the median, hit the motorcyclist, two cars and then turned to the left side of the road and hit my car, two other cars which were not damaged much and drove away and then a two-wheeler which was coming from the slip road. The truck hit a streetlight pole on the median after which it slowed down and came to a halt."
Tarun, an auto-rickshaw driver, said, "I was on the other side of the road and it all happened in just a split second. I saw it all. The truck hit everything which came in its way."
The driver of the truck has been identified as Jaspal Singh, a resident of Mohali.
Ajinder Singh, a resident of Sangrur who died on the spot, was riding the motorcycle and was dragged along by the truck.
"There was a turban lying on the road. Remains of his motorcycle were lying all over the road," said Traffic Police Inspector Malkiat Singh.