One killed, eight family members taken ill after eating food

Food poison

A youth died and eight members of a family were taken ill after consuming food in Naglasindhi area, police said here.

Police suspect that some poisonous substance got mixed in the food.

Chetanveer (18) died and eight members of his family, including four brothers, fell unconscious after consuming food in Gadalpura village yesterday, they said.

Those taken ill have been admitted to the district hospital.

Please read our terms of use before posting comments
TERMS OF USE: The views expressed in comments published on indianexpress.com are those of the comment writer's alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of The Indian Express Group or its staff. Comments are automatically posted live; however, indianexpress.com reserves the right to take it down at any time. We also reserve the right not to publish comments that are abusive, obscene, inflammatory, derogatory or defamatory.