One more arrested in fake BKI terrorist case
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The Mohali Police on Friday arrested another person allegedly involved in a bid to extort Rs 1 crore from a Mohali-based businessman Gurjeet Singh.
The accused, Rahul alias Ricky, is a maternal cousin of Vinod Kumar, who has already been arrested in the case. The two were posing as Babbar Khalsa terrorists and trying to extort money from Gurjeet Singh.
Police said Rahul and Vinod claimed to have carried out some work for Gurjeet Singh in Chandigarh last year for which Gurjeet had not paid them. They were, as a result, carrying a grudge against him.
The two stole a sim card and started calling and smsing Gurjeet, threatening to kill his son in case he did not pay them the money. They also fired a bullet with a country-made weapon on Gurjeet Singh's car to make the threat look real. The police has not recovered the weapon.
Police said that both the accused are drug addicts and have cases registered against them in Patti, Amritsar. Ricky was sent to two days of police remand by a local court on Friday.