One more from city joins national film awardees list
- Election Live: BJP in damage control mode, Rudy to meet Uddhav to fine tune alliance with Sena
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
The city has more to cheer about as one more Puneite has found a place among the 56th national film awardees. Anmol Bhave, a resident of Shiv Darshan area here, shares the best audiography award with Pramod Thomas for Marathi film Gandh.
With Bhave, the numberr of artistes from the city, who won the national film award, declared on Saturday, goes up to seven.
This is Bhave's second national award as three years ago, as an audiography student of the Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), he had bagged his first award for best audiography for a short film Closer.
Though only Thomas, who had done mixing for Gandh, was named as the best audiography award winner, Bhave will also share the award as he did the sound design for the film. Gandh's director Sachin Kundalkar confirmed that Anmol will be sharing the award with Thomas.
An ecstatic Anmol said, "I am particularly happy that a Marathi film has received an award in technical category like audiography. We had a tough chance with films like Rock On, Jodha Akbar and Mumbai Meri Jaan competing alongside. I am happy that we managed to clinch the award."
"Sound designing is an interesting field and I hope that this award will encourage the sound designers of Marathi films," said Anmol, who had also bagged the best sound designer award in Zee Gaurav Awards for the same film last year.
Student films that won honours this yearBest scientific film:Trip, Director: Emmanuel Palo
Best short fiction film:Stations, Director: Emmanuel Palo
Best direction:Umesh Kulkarni for Three of Us
Best cinematography:shared by Shariqva Badar Khan for Three of Us and Jayakrishna Gummadi for When This Man Dies
Best editing:Manoj Kannoth for Stations
Best music direction:Vipin Mishra for Narmeen
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express