One more Trinamool man killed in Birbhum
- Cricketer Mohd Kaif, Nilekani, Ravi Kishen among 194 in Congress' first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
After the murder of Trinamool Congress leader Chittaranjan Mondal last week in an intra-party clash at Labhpur in Birbhum, the district today witnessed another clash in which a TMC worker was killed.
In the last three months, six TMC workers were killed in the area in intra-party clahses.
Arman Sheikh, 30, was killed at Poshla village in Nanoor of Birbhum district after another faction of TMC workers attacked him at 1 pm today.
According to the witnesses, Arman was attacked with bombs when he was working at the fields. A bomb hit him.
He was rushed to Sian hospital in Nanoor where he was declared brought dead. Riyazul Sheikh, another TMC worker has also sustained serious injury and is admitted in the hospital.
According to Trinamool sources, party general secretary Mukul Roy held a meeting in Kolkata three days ago where all the block presidents and MLAs were present.
The meeting was held to reslove differences before the panchayat election.
Gadadhar Hazra, MLA from Nanoor, said: "The clash took place between our men and the people who came from the CPM. We are trying to resolve the issues between the groups as it is directed by our senior leadership."
Murlidhar, Superintendent of Police, Birbhum, said, "Arman Sheikh was killed in the clash. We are yet to receive any complaint from the victim's family. We have detained four persons who were involved in the incident."