One more Trinamool man killed in Birbhum
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
After the murder of Trinamool Congress leader Chittaranjan Mondal last week in an intra-party clash at Labhpur in Birbhum, the district today witnessed another clash in which a TMC worker was killed.
In the last three months, six TMC workers were killed in the area in intra-party clahses.
Arman Sheikh, 30, was killed at Poshla village in Nanoor of Birbhum district after another faction of TMC workers attacked him at 1 pm today.
According to the witnesses, Arman was attacked with bombs when he was working at the fields. A bomb hit him.
He was rushed to Sian hospital in Nanoor where he was declared brought dead. Riyazul Sheikh, another TMC worker has also sustained serious injury and is admitted in the hospital.
According to Trinamool sources, party general secretary Mukul Roy held a meeting in Kolkata three days ago where all the block presidents and MLAs were present.
The meeting was held to reslove differences before the panchayat election.
Gadadhar Hazra, MLA from Nanoor, said: "The clash took place between our men and the people who came from the CPM. We are trying to resolve the issues between the groups as it is directed by our senior leadership."
Murlidhar, Superintendent of Police, Birbhum, said, "Arman Sheikh was killed in the clash. We are yet to receive any complaint from the victim's family. We have detained four persons who were involved in the incident."