One-year-old chokes to death in bucket full of water
- Maoists target teachers, ambulance
- The Rahul Gandhi interview: 'PM candidates are unconstitutional, I won't step back if MPs ask me to be PM'
- Day after EC crackdown, Azam Khan booked for Kargil remarks
- World doesn't trust Modi, says Congress citing British newspaper
- The Narendra Modi interview: 'Cong's problem is that it can't see a chaiwallah challenging them'
A one-year-old boy drowned in a bucket of water after he fell into it while playing in a relative's house in Rahatni on Monday afternoon.
The deceased child has been identified as Samir Arjunkumar Kevat, said Sangvi police. Police said his parents are labourers and had come to stay in Shahunagar from Chhattisgarh few years ago. A police officer said on Monday morning after Samir's father went to work, his mother took him to a relative's residence in Rahatani.
In the afternoon, Samir's mother and relatives went to sleep in the house. "Samir went near the bucket and fell into it. When some of the relatives got up, they found his head was down in the bucket and he was not breathing. Relatives and neighbours took him to Yashwantrao Chavan Memorial Hospital in Chinchwad where he was declared dead on arrival, police said.