One-year-old chokes to death in bucket full of water

A one-year-old boy drowned in a bucket of water after he fell into it while playing in a relative's house in Rahatni on Monday afternoon.

The deceased child has been identified as Samir Arjunkumar Kevat, said Sangvi police. Police said his parents are labourers and had come to stay in Shahunagar from Chhattisgarh few years ago. A police officer said on Monday morning after Samir's father went to work, his mother took him to a relative's residence in Rahatani.

In the afternoon, Samir's mother and relatives went to sleep in the house. "Samir went near the bucket and fell into it. When some of the relatives got up, they found his head was down in the bucket and he was not breathing. Relatives and neighbours took him to Yashwantrao Chavan Memorial Hospital in Chinchwad where he was declared dead on arrival, police said.

Please read our terms of use before posting comments
TERMS OF USE: The views, opinions and comments posted are your, and are not endorsed by this website. You shall be solely responsible for the comment posted here. The website reserves the right to delete, reject, or otherwise remove any views, opinions and comments posted or part thereof. You shall ensure that the comment is not inflammatory, abusive, derogatory, defamatory &/or obscene, or contain pornographic matter and/or does not constitute hate mail, or violate privacy of any person (s) or breach confidentiality or otherwise is illegal, immoral or contrary to public policy. Nor should it contain anything infringing copyright &/or intellectual property rights of any person(s).
comments powered by Disqus