ONGC engineer, who always wanted a son, kills 23-year-old daughter
- Indrani told ex-husband if Sheena dies, we share Peter’s fortune, says Police
- Patidar Protests: Gujarat braces for a funeral as Hardik Patel heads to Delhi today
- Govt plans to set up teams of experts to quickly react to ‘negative news’
- Uttarakhand, 2 years later: A reason to smile
- Inform me of your meetings with minister Prakash Javadekar: MoeF Secretary to team
A 23-year-old BCom student was killed allegedly by her engineer father in the city, with her mother claiming that he was nursing a grudge against the girl and would often physically assault her as he always wanted a son.
The body of Mala, a final year student in a city college, was found in the bathroom of her residence in Shastri Nagar area yesterday, police said, adding that prima facie it appeared the death occurred due to forcible drowning in a tub.
The victim's mother lodged a police complaint alleging that her husband Bhim Singh, who is an engineer with ONGC in Gujarat and had come home on leave, killed the girl as he always wanted a son. She alleged Singh would often assault their daughter.
The couple has one more daughter who is married.
However, the father, who has been taken into custody, denied the allegations.
Meanwhile, police have also taken into custody a friend of the victim for questioning.