Online booking for Rann Utsav begins May 1 this year
- Varun Gandhi hits back at cousin Priyanka over 'astray' remark, says she crossed 'lakshman rekha of decency'
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Unethical, betrayal: Prime Minister Manmohan Singhâs daughter voices family anger
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says 'toffee' has caught his fancy after 'balloon'
In a bid to attract more tourists to Rann Utsav 2014, the state tourism department will open the online bookings for the desert festival as early as May 1, five months ahead of the usual date. The department also plans to scale up festival to 90 days considering the fact that the number of visitors doubled last year.
"Having received 77 per cent of our bookings online, we will open online bookings from Gujarat's Foundation Day, which falls on May 1. In 47 days, we received a tourist footfall of 20,000 in the tent city area while around 1.1 lakh tourists visited and stayed at the White Rann area. Around 60 per cent of the domestic tourists came from cities like Mumbai, Delhi and Kolkata while 25 per cent were from Gujarat. Around 1,000 tourists came from Finland, the US and the UK," said Nirav Munshi, Manager, Hotel, Tours and Travels, Tourism Corporation of Gujarat Limited (TCGL).
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties
- BJP dancing to the tune of RSS: Sonia Gandhi | The Indian Express
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh’s book embarrasses PM; ‘Singh had little political authority’
- How can Modi honour women if he can’t mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Rahul Gandhi insulting Ambedkar by taking credit for laws: Narendra Modi