Online land mutation starts
- Cabinet reshuffle: Only PM Modi, Amit Shah know final list
- Alarm bells in valley, much easier for infiltrators to get through
- Priyanka as star campaigner, Congress' hopes might finally be coming alive
- Dhaka hostage siege: Terror reloaded in Bangladesh
- UP Elections 2017: Sensing ‘defeat of some MLAs’, Mulayam orders ‘secret survey’
Online mutation entries for Pune city has started from April 3. The project, which is slated to take off in the district, has started in three city-centric sub registrar offices - Haveli No 1, 11 and 12.
Settlement Commissioner and director of Land Records Chandrakant Dalvi on Monday examined the operations in the offices. The process was examined by Dalvi and Pune district collector Vikas Deshmukh on Monday.
It is a joint initiative of the Inspectorate General of Registrations, Revenue Department and the Land Records Department.
This will enable citizens to get computerised notices of land transactions and complete the procedures of updating land documents within 15 days. The system enables a horizontal connectivity between the offices of the sub-registrar, the tehsildar and the city survey.
After the deal, the buyer and the seller approaches the sub-registrar with required documents. The mutation notice is downloaded and the number and details of the notice are sent to the talathi and the concerned buyer and seller. Talathi initiates the certification, after which new entries are updated on 7/12 extracts.
Earlier, both seller and purchaser of land had to undergo tedious and lengthy procedures, including visits to tehsil and sub-registrar offices to change land titles. The process was time consuming.
- Dhaka terror attack exposes vulnerability of the state machinery in Bangladesh
- Education needs to be delinked from ideology and the job market
- Divided, volatile world ahead. Brexit could not have come at a worse time
- Agriculture needs a champion in the Union cabinet
- Next Door Nepal: Unseeing corruption
- Disconnect between government and people