Only 1,000 of 13,521 housing societies get conveyance deed
- Mad rush, chaos as Arvind Kejriwal takes local train to woo 'aam aadmi' in Mumbai
- SC defers hearing on Sahara's plea on releasing Subrata Roy
- IAF aircraft on standby for missing Malaysian Airlines search ops
- Presidential delay in mercy petitions: SC won't reconsider verdict
- Lalu loyalist-turned rebel Ram Kripal Yadav joins BJP
Of the 13,521 housing societies in Pune and Pimpri-Chinchwad, at present, only 1,000 societies ie 7.4 per cent, according to the preliminary survey, have received their conveyance deed and by January end, the cooperative department aims to reach out to local corporators and MLAs to spread out awareness regarding the drive of clearing backlog in approving the deeds initiated by CM Prithviraj Chavan last month.
"We have finished the survey of 9,783 societies and by month-end we should slowly complete the process. However, the initial survey shows that over 50 per cent societies have not bothered to get their conveyance deed which works in favour of the builders. We have local corporators approaching us from various areas stating that they are willing to spread awareness and give us the number of societies which do not have the conveyance deed,'' said district deputy registrar Kiran Sonawane.
He said societies can approach his office regarding registration and officials of six offices of the cooperative department are making personal visits to urge society members to follow up on the conveyance deed. "In our preliminary survey, we found that societies have kept the conveyance deed last on their agenda and not followed it up,'' he added. With builders eying extra floor space index (FSI), transfer of development rights and redevelopment of old buildings, delay in the process of conveyance deed is a usual trend, say activists.
Activist and lawyer Aroona Nafday said it is a blatant violation of the Maharashtra Ownerships Flats Act of section 10/11 regarding formation of society and transfer of land. Being the founder member and convenor of Pune Forum for Flat Owners, she said according to their survey 80 per cent of the societies do not have their conveyance deed. "According to the Act, once a minimum of 10 flats are sold by the builder, he has to form the society within four months and convey the land to the society,'' said Nafday.
- Trouble for Khobragade as govt finds daughters have US, Indian passports
- AAP’s existence a miracle of Bhagwan, Allah: Kejriwal at Mumbai road show
- HC breather for widow, stay on sessions court order to act against her for filing ‘false complaint’
- Explain stand to DCP: HC to TISS students
- Cops record statements of two priests whom Sanap ‘consulted after crime’
- Atletico end Italian hopes