Only those who are ignorant call SP regional party: Mulayam
- Elections 2014 Live: TMC workers beat up poll officials in Bengal; Rahul attacks Modi over Adani link
- Narendra Modi slams Mamata Banerjee, says she is playing vote bank politics
- #WhyiVoted: Let's hear it from India
- Jet flight out of contact for 30 mins, causes panic, 2 pilots grounded
- Narendra Modi mentions wife Jashodaben in poll affidavit for first time
Samajwadi Party (SP) president Mulayam Singh Yadav on Wednesday claimed that Third Front will form the next government at the Centre and SP will have a major role in government formation.
Mulayam was speaking at a function organised to mark the 86th birth anniversary of Ram Sharan Das, former state president of the SP, in Lucknow.
"Now even the Left Front is advocating for Third Front government. Be assured that Congress and BJP will not be able to form the government," Mulayam stated. He also ridiculed those who term SP as a regional party. "UP is equal to several states of the country and SP has an absolute majority government. Only those who are ignorant about it call SP a regional player. We will surely win some seats from other states also," he added.
Mulayam also asked his party leaders and ministers to shun comfort and wealth and work for the people.
Mulayam also lashed out at China stating that it has imperialistic intentions. "I am cautioning about nefarious designs of China for the last 10 years. It is a cheat. Even Nehru had a setback due to its cheating in 1962," Mulayam stated.
The SP leader also recalled that he had apprised the then President Shanker Dayal Sharma on December 4, 1992 about the demolition of Babri Masjid and Sharma too had expressed similar apprehension.
Speaking on the occasion, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav urged party leaders to teach Congress a lesson during the Lok Sabha election. "We are doing all good works. People in other states also have hopes from SP. But we should be cautious of the Congress as it can do anything. We have got a chance in elections and Congress should be taught a lesson," Akhilesh said. He also stated that SP will contest seriously in other states and will emerge as a national party. On the occasion C P Yogeshwara, SP's Karanataka MLA too announced that a conference of the party will be held soon in the state.
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi