Only women teachers for Surat girls schools
- Hunkar rally LIVE: I want to see Narendra Modi as the future PM, says Paswan
- JD(U) rules out tie-up, Lalu starts own campaign, clock ticks down for Congress
- Judge among 11 dead in Pakistan court in alleged suicide attack
- Pandemonium in J&K Assembly over Farooq Abdullah's comment on Kashmiris
- Rahul Gandhi's ordinance shortcut loses way
The Surat Municipal Education Board on Wednesday decided to appoint only women teachers in all the girls' schools under it in the city. This comes in the wake of a recent incident wherein a teacher had allegedly shown an obscene clip to an 11-year-old girl at Corporation School no 277.
The teacher, Deepak Choudhary, was later arrested.
After SMEB's general meeting, education officer P B Rathod said, "We took the decision after taking all the board members into confidence that such incident of child sex abuse should not be repeated, and that women teachers should be appointed in girls schools. We are working on the number of women teachers in the municipal schools."
Officials said they plan to replace male teachers in girls schools with their women counterparts from other municipal schools. The male teachers will be transferred to co-ed schools, they added.
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade | The Indian Express
- ‘Allegations against Somnath Bharti prime facie correct, police justified in refusing Khirki Extension raid’
- Clash of the stalwarts: Uttar Pradesh set for Modi, Kejriwal rallies today
- Won’t return to NDA even if Narendra Modi is not PM candidate: JD(U)