Only women teachers for Surat girls schools
- Elections 2014 LIVE: One polling officer dead, five injured in J&K militant attack
- Thousands turn up at Narendra Modi's Varanasi roadshow, BJP's PM candidate files nomination papers
- From Marandi vs Soren to Deora vs Sanyal: Top 5 battles in Lok Sabha polls Phase 6
- Rahul Gandhi joins sister Priyanka in attacking Narendra Modi on snoopgate
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KKR vs RCB: KKR steady after losing two early against RCB
The Surat Municipal Education Board on Wednesday decided to appoint only women teachers in all the girls' schools under it in the city. This comes in the wake of a recent incident wherein a teacher had allegedly shown an obscene clip to an 11-year-old girl at Corporation School no 277.
The teacher, Deepak Choudhary, was later arrested.
After SMEB's general meeting, education officer P B Rathod said, "We took the decision after taking all the board members into confidence that such incident of child sex abuse should not be repeated, and that women teachers should be appointed in girls schools. We are working on the number of women teachers in the municipal schools."
Officials said they plan to replace male teachers in girls schools with their women counterparts from other municipal schools. The male teachers will be transferred to co-ed schools, they added.
- At least 65 EVMs replaced in six Lok Sabha seats in Assam
- Twitter cofounder talks of 26/11, Indian farmers in new book
- UP records over 24 pc voter turnout till 11 AM, 20 per cent turnout in Chhattisgarh
- Arvind Kejriwal lashes out at BJP for attack on Somnath Bharti
- ANF official accused of killing youth a gallantry award winner
- Maharashtra: Poor turnout till 9 am in third phase of polling