Only women teachers for Surat girls schools
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
The Surat Municipal Education Board on Wednesday decided to appoint only women teachers in all the girls' schools under it in the city. This comes in the wake of a recent incident wherein a teacher had allegedly shown an obscene clip to an 11-year-old girl at Corporation School no 277.
The teacher, Deepak Choudhary, was later arrested.
After SMEB's general meeting, education officer P B Rathod said, "We took the decision after taking all the board members into confidence that such incident of child sex abuse should not be repeated, and that women teachers should be appointed in girls schools. We are working on the number of women teachers in the municipal schools."
Officials said they plan to replace male teachers in girls schools with their women counterparts from other municipal schools. The male teachers will be transferred to co-ed schools, they added.