Shatrughan Sinha addresses Rani Mukherjee as 'Rani Chopra'! What is the inside story?
- 15 security personnel killed as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Rahul compares Modi with Hitler, says Gujarat CM behaves arrogantly
- Missing Malaysia airline: Man travelling on stolen passport identified as Iranian
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
Even as Rani Mukherjee and producer-director Aditya Chopra have kept the rumour mills guessing about their relationship, veteran actor Shatrughan Sinha today addressed the actress as "Rani Chopra" at an event.
While calling out the names of the family members of late filmmaker Yash Chopra, Sinha said, "Pamela Chopra, Uday, Rani and other family members... just now my wife said I missed out on Aditya Chopra. When I am saying Rani Chopra's name it is obvious I mean Aditya. (Jab maine Rani Chopra ka naam liya hai toh zaahir si baat hai ke Aditya ka bhi naam leta)."
Sinha said this at the unveiling of a statue of Yash Chopra here, where a host of celebrities including Poonam Dhillon, Prem Chopra, Kabir Khan, Parineeti Chopra, Vaibhavi Merchant and Rani Mukherjee were present.
Yash Chopra's wife Pamela and younger son Uday were also present on the occasion.
Last year, when the noted filmmaker was admitted in Lilavati Hospital, Rani was present with the Chopra family.
Later, at the prayer meet for Yash Chopra, Rani had stood by the family.
Meanwhile, at the unveiling of the statue of Yash Chopra, which will be installed at Bandra's Bandstand as part of 'UTV STARS- Walk of the Stars' initiative, Rani became emotional.
"It is a great moment for all the people who loved Yash uncle and those who are associated with the family. We will all miss him," Rani said.
The statue, showing Yash Chopra with his camera and cap, was unveiled by his wife Pamela and younger son Uday.
"I want to thank UTV for this initiative because people will forget things. But with this statue we will not forget him. I really like this statue, especially with this favourite cap and his camera. I am very happy," Pamela said.
On the occasion, an emotional Uday said, "He will be remembered for his work. I have seen him live so it's a different feeling and as rightly said, now his admirers can touch him and feel him. This the right way to remember him."
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express