Ootam, Badami remain unbeaten
- Aamir Khan responds, says 'Proud to be Indian, stand by what I said'
- GST is in the interest of the nation, says PM Modi at all-party meet
- Rescued Russian pilot says no warning from Turkey before jet downed
- 'Suit boot ki sarkar' is failing because there are no jobs: Rahul Gandhi
- BJP strategy in Parliament: Aggression is the best form of defense
CCI Cueists, Nikhil Ootam and Hasan Badami, claimed pole positions in their respective groups by virtue of their all-win record in the round-robin league of the senior snooker main draw in the Malabar Hill Club Maharashtra State Selection Tournament at the WIAA Malabar Hill Club on Tuesday.
Badami, who won both his Group-A league matches on Monday, continued in the same vein by recording a comfortable 3-1 victory over Sumit Saldurkar of Mandeswar Civic Foundation. The dapper Badami was in total control on way to a fluent 61-32, 60-47, 56-60, 54-24 victory.
Ootam, who had found success in his opening Group-C league match, maintained his fine run of form by winning the next two matches in convincing fashion. He first defeated Mayur Sanghvi (WG) 3-1 (51-69, 80(35,45)-41, 68-41, 98(53)-16) and later went onto get the better of Pune's Anand Raguvanshi by an identical 3-1 margin with the frame scores reading 58-13, 16-56(40), 66-25, 90-36 in his favour.
However, Raghuvanshi, with two wins, also qualified for the pre-quarterfinal knockout round of the competition.
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?
- Telescope: Aamir and Chinese whispers
- What Manmohan Singh really think about the Planning Commission?
- Going solar
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it