Opera TV Store comes to Samsung Blu-ray Disc players
- Congress complains to EC on Narendra Modi's marital status issue, seeks action for 'hiding facts'
- Rahul Gandhi brings up Narendra Modi's marital status at Doda rally
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Why should I condemn it, asks Deve Gowda on Mulayam Singh's 'rape' remark
- Congress rakes up Vajpayee's Rajdharma remark post 2002 Gujarat riots to take on Modi
- After Mulayam's rape shocker, Abu Azmi suggests death for sex 'with or without consent'
Opera, which has one of the most popular browsers for the three popular smart screens, is making a strong foray into the fourth screen, the television.
The Norwegian company has announced that from Thursday apps from the Opera TV Store will be available for download on select Samsung Blu-ray Disc players, "providing viewers with more choices of online and streaming entertainment for their TV screens and giving app and content owners a huge new audience".
A note said content owners can easily transform their video and audio offerings into HTML5 apps for the Opera TV Store with Opera TV Snap, launched in July 2013. For instance, official users can turn their Dailymotion channel into an Opera TV Store app simply by clicking on the "create a TV app" button. It takes less than a minute and the service is free of charge – making it one of the fastest and easiest ways to reach Blu-ray player users.
The Opera TV Store delivers hundreds of optimized HTML5-based apps ranging from video and games to social media and news. "The Opera TV Store unleashes the full potential of online video content, the most popular consumption category on Blu-ray players and various other media player devices," said Aneesh Rajaram, SVP for TV & Devices, Opera Software. "With Samsung's Blu-ray player on board, we significantly increase the reach we bring to our content partners and brands that are looking to engage with millions of consumers, while also providing those consumers with the best and widest choice in web content."
The Opera TV Store is available on Samsung Blu-ray player Series 5 and Samsung Home Theater System Series 5, as well as some of Samsung's Series 4 models.