Oprah Winfrey, Beasts actress honoured at Essence lunch
- Record Hindu swing in Assam, Cong in decline, states rising
- CBSE Class 12 result declared, Delhi girl tops board
- CBSE results: 83.05 per cent students passed, 2.38 per cent higher than 2015
- Coming to avenge Babri, Kashmir, Gujarat, Muzaffarnagar: ISIS video
- Asked about Trump, Tim Cook says diversity our basic value
Nine-year-old Oscar nominee Quvenzhane Wallis toted a plush, dog-shaped purse with jeweled handles as she rubbed shoulders with Oprah Winfrey and Alfre Woodard.
The star of Best-Picture contender Beasts of the Southern Wild was among the honorees on Thursday at Essence magazine's sixth annual Black Women in Hollywood awards luncheon.
Quvenzhane stood on a step so she could speak at the podium, and thanked God, Beasts director Behn Zeitlin and her "baby sitter that was on set."
Quvenzhane is the youngest best-actress nominee in Oscar history, and one of only 10 African-Americans recognized in the category.
- Assembly polls prove voter is focused on development, not dynasty or caste math
- Comrade Sitaram Yechury’s historic blunder
- A weakened opposition is unlikely to force Mamata to improve governance
- Divided opposition and the perception against DMK helped Amma win Tamil Nadu
- Alys Faiz: A Life Of Poetry & Adventure
- Now, BJP will be on test for its nation-building capacity