Orissa offers free laptops to students
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
In a bid to woo the youth, Naveen Patnaik Monday released the list of 15,000-odd plus-two pass students who would get free laptops from August 15. Of the 15,235 who would get laptops, 5,088 belong to tribal and Dalit category.
In April, Patnaik had unveiled the Youth Policy under which he announced distribution of laptops to meritorious students to bridge the digital divide between students. The laptop distribution would start at BJB College of Bhuba-neswar. The distribution of free laptops would begin simultaneously in all the 30 districts.
"In the first phase, 3,750 laptops will be distributed among meritorious students on August 15. The entire process will be completed by September," said higher education minister Badri Narayan Patra.