Oscar Fernandes justifies deferment on Telangana issue
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Senior Congress leader Oscar Fernandes today justified the deferment by Congress and the government a decision on Telangana statehood issue saying it is "sensitive" and all stakeholders need to be consulted.
"Since Telangana is a sensitive issue, all stake-holders have to be consulted before arriving at a final decision. The issue is only deferred", Fernandes told reporters at district Congress office here.
To a query that Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde had at an all-party meet held in New Delhi on December 28 heard all parties and declared it was the final meet on the issue, Fernandes replied "the (Congress) core committee wanted to have more consultations on the issue".