Oscar Fernandes justifies deferment on Telangana issue
- People will continue waving Pakistan flags in Kashmir: Geelani
- No 'flip-flop' or 'confusion', we have 'very clear Pakistan policy': Swaraj
- UPA's deal for 126 Rafale jets 'economically unviable': Parrikar
- PM's Mann ki Baat: Govt committed to roll out 'one rank one pension'
- President Mukherjee approves land bill for the third time after protest
Senior Congress leader Oscar Fernandes today justified the deferment by Congress and the government a decision on Telangana statehood issue saying it is "sensitive" and all stakeholders need to be consulted.
"Since Telangana is a sensitive issue, all stake-holders have to be consulted before arriving at a final decision. The issue is only deferred", Fernandes told reporters at district Congress office here.
To a query that Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde had at an all-party meet held in New Delhi on December 28 heard all parties and declared it was the final meet on the issue, Fernandes replied "the (Congress) core committee wanted to have more consultations on the issue".