Oscar nomination would be a dream: Katy Perry
Pop star Katy Perry says she would be on cloud nine if she gets nominated for an Oscar for her song 'Wide Awake' from concert movie 'Part of Me 3D'.
The song was written for her 2012 concert movie, 'Katy Perry: Part of Me 3D', and could be in contention for an Academy Award nomination in the 'Original Song' category, reported Contactmusic.
"It's like a dream's dream. When I was growing up and working on music, it was always a dream to win a Grammy, but Oscar was so far out of my dream sphere.
"This would be a nomination of a completely different calibre. One that is more impressive than many other ones I've had. It's interesting to step out of your playing field and to be recognised from a different angle. It would be an honour," she said.
Singer Adele is also rumoured to be in contention for an Oscar for her haunting song 'Skyfall' from the recent James Bond film of the same name.
The 2013 Oscar nominations will be revealed on January 10 and the ceremony will take place on February 24.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota