Oscar Pistorius brother faces trial in woman death
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
Oscar Pistorius's elder brother faces trial for killing a woman in a traffic incident five years ago, the family said on Sunday, confirming a report that dominated South African media two days after the "Blade Runner" athlete was bailed for murder.
Carl Pistorius is charged with culpable homicide in the death of a motorcyclist in 2008. The case was not widely known of until local television e-News Channel Africa reported it on Sunday.
A family statement said Carl appeared before a judge on Thursday and would be in court again in late March. Os car, charged with premedidated murder of girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp, was freed on bail on Friday after a week of hearings.
Carl declined comment as he entered the home of an uncle in Pretoria on Sunday.
The family statement quoted lawyer Kenny Oldwage as saying: "Carl deeply regrets the accident. Blood tests conducted at the time proved that he wasn't drunk, confirming it was a tragic road accident after the deceased collided with Carl's car."