Oscar Pistorius brother faces trial in woman death
- 9 killed, over 40 injured as Bengaluru-Ernakulam Express train derails near Hosur
- SC says allegations grave, but grants relief to Teesta Setalvad in cheating case
- All you need to know about AAP's WiFi Delhi promise
- 19 killed as militants storm Shia mosque in Pakistan
- Modi’s cricket diplomacy: Renewing political contact with Pakistan
Oscar Pistorius's elder brother faces trial for killing a woman in a traffic incident five years ago, the family said on Sunday, confirming a report that dominated South African media two days after the "Blade Runner" athlete was bailed for murder.
Carl Pistorius is charged with culpable homicide in the death of a motorcyclist in 2008. The case was not widely known of until local television e-News Channel Africa reported it on Sunday.
A family statement said Carl appeared before a judge on Thursday and would be in court again in late March. Os car, charged with premedidated murder of girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp, was freed on bail on Friday after a week of hearings.
Carl declined comment as he entered the home of an uncle in Pretoria on Sunday.
The family statement quoted lawyer Kenny Oldwage as saying: "Carl deeply regrets the accident. Blood tests conducted at the time proved that he wasn't drunk, confirming it was a tragic road accident after the deceased collided with Carl's car."