Oscar Pistorius' girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp leaves 'haunting' TV message
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
- Uttar Pradesh BJP wants tickets for four riot-accused MLAs
- Haryana, Gujarat top industry-friendly states, Maharashtra among bottom five
A celebrity television show today aired haunting footage of Oscar Pistorius's slain girlfriend speaking about the need to leave a positive mark on life, words laden with unintended poignancy two days after her shocking death.
"Not just your journey in life but the way that you go out and make your exit is so important, you have either made an impact in a positive way or a negative way," Reeva Steenkamp said in a snippet of a celebrity reality TV show set to air in full later today.
"You have either made an impact in a positive way or a negative way."
The 29-year-old model and law school graduate was shot four times at Pistorius's home in the early hours of Valentine's Day on Thursday in a case that shocked the country and topped news broadcasts around the world.
Pistorius – a national icon who inspired people around the world when he became the first double amputee to compete against able-bodied athletes in the Olympic Games last year – remained in a police cell today, charged with murdering his girlfriend in cold blood.
His uncle today gave the strongest indication yet that the star athlete, who broke down sobbing during his initial court appearance the previous day, would plead not guilty to the charges against him.
"We have no doubt there is no substance to the allegation and that the State's own case, including its own forensic evidence, strongly refutes any possibility of a premeditated murder or indeed any murder at all," Arnold Pistorius said in a statement.
"We are all grieving for Reeva, her family and her friends," he said.
"Oscar – as you can imagine – is also numb with shock as well as grief."
The track star faces a life sentence if convicted of premeditated murder, as alleged by state prosecutors.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress