Oscar Pistorius Twitter feed is a long victory lap
- Indian Mujahideenâs operational chief in police net
- Arvind Kejriwal ready to take on Narendra Modi in Varanasi
- SC gives BCCI an ultimatum: Srinivasan should quit or we will pass a verdict
- Sushma hits campaign road, without a mention of Modi
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi on his way to Vaishno Devi; Congress to release its manifesto today
Since captivating the world with his groundbreaking Olympic trip to London, Oscar Pistorius' life seemed like an extended victory lap.More than 230,000 Twitter followers have been given a glimpse into a life of fast cars and luxury holidays as the hero was feted by an adoring public. The ``Blade Runner'' has reveled in the fame that came from becoming the first amputee sprinter to compete at both the Olympics and Paralympics.
Among dozens of tweets in recent weeks, there are only a scattering of references to the girlfriend he is now accused of killing earlier Thursday.
Quoting a tweet from Reeva Steenkamp on Dec. 6 _ ``Wondering what my stalker is up to? Kinda miss him lurking around 2nyt'' _ Pistorius replies: ``Heard he is taking a water break with the boys!;)''
Steenkamp gushed over Pistorius on Twitter, seeming to relish going out with one of South Africa's biggest stars.
By contrast, there was little outpouring of affection from Pistorius, although there was no indication their relationship had soured or that his mindset had darkened.
The only reference to guns was a Twitter image of him on Nov. 28, 2011, firing off rounds at a shooting range, and a boast: ``Had a 96% headshot over 300m from 50shots! Bam!'')
Steenkamp was shot four times at Pistorius' home in Pretoria early on Thursday. With his arrest and charge, Pistorius went from podium to police cell.
At the Olympics in August, Pistorius reached the finals of the 4x400 relay and semifinal in the 400 sprint, with his carbon fiber blades clattering into the history books on the London track.
But the script didn't go to plan when the Paralympics started later in the month. The 100 and 200 titles were lost in a blaze of fury as he became embroiled in a public row with the rival he accused of unfairly using lengthened blades to win the 200. Only in the final event, the 400, did Pistorius finally collect an individual gold.
- Rajnath’s 3-day Lucknow tour begins today
- MP with most criminal cases ages slowly in Jharkhand
- Guru who filed case against Ramdev gets Congress ticket
- Now, Ram Vilas Vedanti threatens to rebel ‘if Rajnath refuses ticket’
- Mamata hits back: ‘Those who don’t know poverty are talking big’
- At workers’ meet, silent Rahul Gandhi ‘packs a punch’