Oscar voting closes after fierce studio campaigns
- FIR against Giriraj Singh for Modi-Pak remark, BJP pulls him up
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Malaysian Airlines flight to Bangalore makes air turnback, lands safely
- Vote for BSP to keep fascist forces, dynasty rule at bay: Mayawati to Muslims
- IPL 7 Live Score, RR vs KXIP: Miller blitzkrieg enables KXIP to pull off second succesful run-chase
Some members reported problems with passwords and user names and voting for Oscar nominations was extended by 24 hours. The Academy later reported a high turnout of voters.
The move to electronic voting is aimed at speeding up the Academy Awards process, especially for members who work or live overseas.
Steven Spielberg's presidential drama "Lincoln" goes into Sunday's Oscar ceremony with a leading 12 nominations, including Best Picture, followed by "Life of Pi" with 11, musical "Les Miserables" and comedy "Silver Linings Playbook" with eight apiece, and Iran hostage thriller "Argo" with seven.