Oscar website glitch reveals first nominee ahead of schedule
- Mali hostage crisis ends as security forces gun down militants; 27 killed
- Sheena Bora case: Peter charged with murder, criminal conspiracy
- Nitish Kumar sworn in as Bihar Chief Minister; Lalu's sons in Cabinet
- UP keeps its distance from Bihar: Why Mulayam, Akhilesh didn't attend Nitish swearing-in
- Madras HC stays cancellation of Greenpeace India registration
A test page at Oscars.com has revealed that 'Django Unchained' costume designer Sharen Davis seems to have gotten a nomination for an Academy Award.
While the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences doesn't go public with nominees for this year's Oscars until next week, its website appears to have leaked the name of one on a test page, the New York Daily News reported.
Vanity Fair magazine noticed that someone at Oscars.com accidentally posted a test page on the site revealing that Davis was on the shortlist for a coveted golden statue.
"This is the third Academy Award nomination for Sharen Davis. She was previously nominated for Dreamgirls (2006) and Ray (2004)," the premature text on the test page read.
- Modi can leverage foreign policy to repair his domestic image
- Muslims biggest losers from our reservation policy, one that Bhagwat rightly wants reviewed
- If Pak state really cared for its people, it would put national economy above all else
- Despite little coverage in India, the Argentinian presidential election is significant
- Uday lacks a strong, accessible monitoring mechanism critical for its success
- What Mr Mani Shankar Aiyar won’t say