Osian's launching online search engine on arts, cinema
- Sahara case: Hearing deferred in SC, Subrata Roy to remain in jail
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
Information on almost every Hindi film produced to date alongwith memorabilia representing some of the world's cultural icons like Charlie Chaplin and the Beatles are just a click away with Osian's launching their search engine dedicated to arts and cinema.
Compiling 20 years of research and gathered material, Osian's today announced the launch of Theosianama.com which will prove to be a one stop source of information across subjects like antiquity, cinema and photography.
Memorabilia representing iconic personalities like Charlie Chaplin, Marx Brothers, Laurel and Hardy, Clark Gable, Marlon Brando, Marilyn Monroe, Alfred Hithcock, James Dean, Clint Eastwood, Elvis Presley, Beatles, Satyajit and others are available on the site.
The website, which will go live by March 2013, seeks to be an educational content provider in the field of Indian and Asian Arts, Culture and the worlds of Cinema.
It has been divided into various classifications, including Antiquity, Arts, Cinema, Photography and Print.
"The search engine will be the biggest source of knowledge about India in the world of art and cinema. Scholars and researchers who want to learn about India will find all the information here," said Neville Tuli, chairman of Osian's.
Tuli said the basis of the site is material objects as all the artwork available on the search engine are things which are either in possession of Osian's or have passed through their hands.
"It's a compilation of our work of the past 20 years. All the objects you see on the site have passed though our hands. The information provided is authentic and perfect," he said.
Close to 95 per cent of all the Hindi films produced have been covered by the site and efforts are on to increase the database on regional cinema as well. Film memorabilia like posters and lobby cards are also there for everyone to see.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress