Osian's launching online search engine on arts, cinema
- BJP defends Narendra Modi's aide Amit Shah's 'badla' remark, says he 'captured the mood of the nation'
- AAP attacks BJP on Babri sting, says it owes on explanation
- MH370 fallout: AirAsia withdraws inflight magazine after it said our well-trained pilots would 'never lose a plane'
- After NYPD cop arrest at IGI, US tells India to get past tensions and move on
- Elections 2014 LIVE: BJP playing divisive politics ahead of polls, alleges Congress
Information on almost every Hindi film produced to date alongwith memorabilia representing some of the world's cultural icons like Charlie Chaplin and the Beatles are just a click away with Osian's launching their search engine dedicated to arts and cinema.
Compiling 20 years of research and gathered material, Osian's today announced the launch of Theosianama.com which will prove to be a one stop source of information across subjects like antiquity, cinema and photography.
Memorabilia representing iconic personalities like Charlie Chaplin, Marx Brothers, Laurel and Hardy, Clark Gable, Marlon Brando, Marilyn Monroe, Alfred Hithcock, James Dean, Clint Eastwood, Elvis Presley, Beatles, Satyajit and others are available on the site.
The website, which will go live by March 2013, seeks to be an educational content provider in the field of Indian and Asian Arts, Culture and the worlds of Cinema.
It has been divided into various classifications, including Antiquity, Arts, Cinema, Photography and Print.
"The search engine will be the biggest source of knowledge about India in the world of art and cinema. Scholars and researchers who want to learn about India will find all the information here," said Neville Tuli, chairman of Osian's.
Tuli said the basis of the site is material objects as all the artwork available on the search engine are things which are either in possession of Osian's or have passed through their hands.
"It's a compilation of our work of the past 20 years. All the objects you see on the site have passed though our hands. The information provided is authentic and perfect," he said.
Close to 95 per cent of all the Hindi films produced have been covered by the site and efforts are on to increase the database on regional cinema as well. Film memorabilia like posters and lobby cards are also there for everyone to see.
- Ramdev defends Shah's 'badla' remarks
- Nation can't be ruled by event manager: Congress on Advani's Modi remarks
- Rajnath's assets almost double since 2009
- Bar Council of India chairman comes out in support of Modi
- “Door-to-door campaigning after 10pm a criminal offence”: CEO
- Congress-CPI tie-up in Telangana a special case: CPI