Ousted tehsildar’s powers handed to treasury officer
- PM in Paris: 'We must create a balance between economy and ecology'
- PM Modi meets Nawaz Sharif at UN climate summit in Paris
- Congress raises Dadri, Kalburgi killing in Lok Sabha; BJP hits back
- Petrol price cut by 58 paise per litre, diesel 25 paise
- India's economic growth accelerates to 7.4 per cent in July-September
Two days after a Tehsildar was divested of powers of the sub registrar under the Punjab Land Revenue Act, the powers have now been handed over to the Treasury Officer, UT Rajiv Tewari.
Officials in the DC office said that this has been done so that public is not inconvenienced on account of unavailability of an official since important certifications, verifications besides the registry of properties in the city were being handled by the previous official.
Earlier, following several complaints of professional misconduct and indifferent attitude towards the general public, the Deputy Commissioner Mohammad Shayin had divested tehsildar D S Balouria of his powers of sub-registrar.
- Under General Sharif, Pakistan army is carrying low-intensity war against diversity of opinion
- Framed at BJP’s Diwali milan: Selfie-Made Journalism
- Raja-Mandala: Modi’s multilateral moment
- The politics of peace
- Ahead of the Paris summit, India has been again targeted as a spoiler
- Shunning coal not viable for India; World needs to come together to make it cleaner