Ousted tehsildar’s powers handed to treasury officer
- April 24 elections roundup: Four policemen, two polling officers killed in Maoist attack
- Thousands turn up at Narendra Modi's Varanasi roadshow, BJP's PM candidate files nomination papers
- From Marandi vs Soren to Deora vs Sanyal: Top 5 battles in Lok Sabha polls Phase 6
- Rahul Gandhi joins sister Priyanka in attacking Narendra Modi on snoopgate
- IPL 7: KKR seal thriller in Sharjah
Two days after a Tehsildar was divested of powers of the sub registrar under the Punjab Land Revenue Act, the powers have now been handed over to the Treasury Officer, UT Rajiv Tewari.
Officials in the DC office said that this has been done so that public is not inconvenienced on account of unavailability of an official since important certifications, verifications besides the registry of properties in the city were being handled by the previous official.
Earlier, following several complaints of professional misconduct and indifferent attitude towards the general public, the Deputy Commissioner Mohammad Shayin had divested tehsildar D S Balouria of his powers of sub-registrar.
The ousted Tehsildar was given the powers of the Sub-registrar under the Punjab Land Revenue Act and was responsible for registering properties in the city. Besides him, there is one more Tehsildar in the office with the same powers, besides issuance of all certificates for verification, disposal of court cases under the Punjab Land Revenue Act, recovering of dues on government land etc.