Over 1000 complaints against sub-standard food served in Indian trains
- Detention of separatists shows how fragile is India-Pak peace process
- Pakistan refuses to host CPU meet, says will not invite J&K speaker
- Rajasthan civic polls: BJP loses face in Raje's bastion of Jhalawar, Dholpur
- Brutally assaulted in jail, claims Dec 16 gangrape convict
- CAG indictment of discoms in Delhi: Best news for AAP government
There are more than one thousand complaints about sub-standard food and lack of hygienic conditions in premier and other long-distance trains received by railways in 2012, Lok Sabha was told on Thursday.
While 1279 complaints were received about sub-standard food, 115 complaints were registered for lack of hygienic conditions in Rajdhani, Shatabdi and other long-distance trains in 2012.
Punitive actions like imposition of fine, warning, suitable advice and termination of contracts are taken for deficiencies and irregularities in services under the new catering policy, Railway Minister Mallikarjun Kharge said in a written answer.
While fines are being imposed in 398 cases of sub-standard food and lack of hygiene, contracts of eight catering companies have been terminated by railways for the same.