Over 10,000 complaints received against Jet Airways
- L-G Najeeb Jung's 'I am the govt' remark laughable, acting at PM's behest: Arvind Kejriwal
- Robert Vadra's Facebook post triggers BJP, Congress clash; House adjourned
- Scolded by Sonia, Shashi Tharoor gets praise from PM Modi
- RK Pachauri asked to step down, Ajay Mathur is new TERI chief
- PM's credibility declining, no discussion until Sushma steps down: Rahul
Over 10,000 complaints have been received against Jet Airways with regard to refunds, lost baggage, misbehaviour by airline staff among others in the last three years, the Parliament was informed today.
Between March 2010 and December last year, 10,004 complaints were received against Jet Airways, followed by 6,496 against IndiGo, Minister of State in the Ministry of Civil Aviation K C Venugopal told the Lok Sabha.
As many as 5,136 complaints against SpiceJet, 3,917 against Kingfisher, 3,181 against GoAir, 3,152 against Air India, 2,445 against JetLite and 90 against now closed Paramount Airways were received during the same period, he said.
Venugopal said last year, a total of 9,950 flights, including 3,461 of the national carrier Air India, were cancelled due to technical, operational, weather, air traffic control and other commercial reasons.
In reply to another question, the minister said 13 aircraft of erstwhile Indian Airlines and Air India's subsidiary Alliance Air were grounded for want of engines, auxiliary power units and other components.