Over 1,500 checked at hepatitis camp
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
The week-long free screening camp organised by the gastroenterology department of SPS Apollo Hospitals for hepatitis B and C on the occasion of World Hepatitis Day concluded on Saturday. More than 1,500 free screenings were performed over the past week. Over 100 patients participated in an interactive patient education forum headed by Dr Nirmaljeet Malhi, Coordinator, Department of Gastroenterology , and Dr Harmeet Saljua, Senior Consultant, Department of Gastroenterology. According to Malhi, the forum laid special emphasis on early detection and timely treatment .