Over 1,500 checked at hepatitis camp
- Disquiet in BJP as M M Joshi, Sushma raise questions over selected candidates and seat sharing
- Nandan Nilekani, Mohammad Kaif in Congressâs first list for 194 seats
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Naidu
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Kejriwal joins list of VIPs with âZâ category security
The week-long free screening camp organised by the gastroenterology department of SPS Apollo Hospitals for hepatitis B and C on the occasion of World Hepatitis Day concluded on Saturday. More than 1,500 free screenings were performed over the past week. Over 100 patients participated in an interactive patient education forum headed by Dr Nirmaljeet Malhi, Coordinator, Department of Gastroenterology , and Dr Harmeet Saljua, Senior Consultant, Department of Gastroenterology. According to Malhi, the forum laid special emphasis on early detection and timely treatment .