Over 1,800 appointments on fake caste certificates: Govt
- 9 killed, over 40 injured as Bengaluru-Ernakulam Express train derails near Hosur
- SC says allegations grave, but grants relief to Teesta Setalvad in cheating case
- All you need to know about AAP's WiFi Delhi promise
- 19 killed as militants storm Shia mosque in Pakistan
- Modi’s cricket diplomacy: Renewing political contact with Pakistan
As many as 1,832 appointments in central government departments were allegedly secured on the basis of fake caste certificates in 2010, the Rajya Sabha was informed today.
"As per information received from various ministries or departments, 1,832 appointments were allegedly secured on the basis of fake or false caste certificates. Disciplinary proceedings had been initiated in all the cases.
"It was reported that of these cases, 276 have resulted in suspension or removal, whereas 521 cases were entangled in litigations and in remaining 1,035 cases disciplinary proceedings are pending," Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions V Narayanasamy said.
Government instructions provide that an appointing authority should verify the case status of scheduled caste, scheduled tribes, other backward classes candidates at the
time of initial appointment as well as every important upturn of the employee's career.