Over 30 youths held in Bhopal for eve-teasing
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
As many as 36 youths were detained from various parts of the city for allegedly indulging in eve-teasing, police said today.
The youths were held from the New Market area, 10 number bus stop, Manisha Market among others last evening when they were caught passing lewd comments at women.
Acting on tip-offs, police reached the specific spots and nabbed the youths, some of whom are reportedly wards of senior government officials.
Those held were made to do sit-ups in public and were then detained briefly at police station before being let off after warning, said Bhopal Superintendent of Police Rajesh Bhadoria.