Over 3,000 IAS, IPS posts vacant
- My government will not be vindictive: Narendra Modi on Robert Vadra
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- Rahul Gandhi tells Narendra Modi: 'Ullu' banana band karo
- Karnataka: At least six burnt to death, 12 injured as bus catches fire
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score: Mumbai Indians take on KKR in opener
Over 3,000 posts of IAS and IPS are lying vacant in the country, the government has said.
Of the total of 3,032 vacancies, 1,777 are in Indian Administrative Service (IAS) and 1,255 in Indian Police Service (IPS), Minister of State of Personnel V Narayanasamy told Rajya Sabha in a written reply yesterday.
The total authorised strength of IAS is 6,154 and IPS is 3,475.
"The government has increased annual intake of IAS and IPS officers under Direct Recruitment (DR) quota. In promotion quota, prompt actions have been taken for holding of Selection Committee meeting for selection of state service officers to
IAS and IPS," he said.
Replying to another question, Narayanasamy said of the total vacancies of IAS officers, a maximum of 216 are in Uttar Pradesh, 128 in Bihar, 118 in Madhya Pradesh, 116 in Arunachal Pradesh-Goa-Mizoram-Union Territories (AGMUT), 112 in Rajasthan and 100 in Jharkhand cadre among others.