Over 60,000 students apply for Cong’s free laptops
- Congress Vadodara candidate Madhusudan Mistry arrested for vandalising Modi posters
- Modi wants EC to take action against Sonia, says Cong chief resorting to 'rabid communalism'
- Shakti Mills gangrape convicts repeat offenders, says court; may face death sentence
- Sahara must pay Rs 10,000 cr to show its 'bonafide' and not for Subrata Roy's release: SC
- Sri Lanka vs West Indies Live Cricket Score: Sri Lanka lose three in a hurry
More than 60,000 registrations were reported to have been done on Tuesday, the first day of the launch of online registration for free laptops being offered by the state Congress to students studying in colleges and universities if it comes to power in the Assembly polls.
EC talks tough on hate speeches, campaign ads
Sending a tough message to all the political parties across the spectrum, the state chief electoral officer (CEO) Anita Karwal on Tuesday said no hate or provocative speeches would be allowed once the Model Code of Conduct for elections comes into effect.
- Real science is in small laboratories: Prof Rao
- Unguarded and unkempt, vacant govt houses cry for attention
- Won’t become a politician, will carry forward husband legacy: Savita Bhatti
- Congress screening panel okays Bansal’s name for Lok Sabha ticket
- Gujarat minister Saurabh Patel may reply to EC notice: ‘I’m related to Ambanis’
- SC exonerates BJP leader Bokhiria in businessman murder case