Over 60,000 students apply for Cong’s free laptops
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
More than 60,000 registrations were reported to have been done on Tuesday, the first day of the launch of online registration for free laptops being offered by the state Congress to students studying in colleges and universities if it comes to power in the Assembly polls.
EC talks tough on hate speeches, campaign ads
Sending a tough message to all the political parties across the spectrum, the state chief electoral officer (CEO) Anita Karwal on Tuesday said no hate or provocative speeches would be allowed once the Model Code of Conduct for elections comes into effect.