Over 60,000 students apply for Cong’s free laptops
- Nitish Kumar's JD(U) recognised as principal opposition party in Bihar, BJP protests
- SC extends Setalvad's interim bail and asks her lawyer Kapil Sibal not to 'act smart'
- Aero India Show: Stunt planes collide in mid-air, pilots safe
- Swine flu deaths soar to 663, number of cases cross 10,000
- Maratha Mandir brings down curtains on Shah Rukh Khan's DDLJ
More than 60,000 registrations were reported to have been done on Tuesday, the first day of the launch of online registration for free laptops being offered by the state Congress to students studying in colleges and universities if it comes to power in the Assembly polls.
EC talks tough on hate speeches, campaign ads
Sending a tough message to all the political parties across the spectrum, the state chief electoral officer (CEO) Anita Karwal on Tuesday said no hate or provocative speeches would be allowed once the Model Code of Conduct for elections comes into effect.