Overthrow Congress, Thackeray appeals to people
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Cong gave birth to child but killed the mother, says Modi on Telangana
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL spot fixing: Do you want to probe charges against Srinivasan? SC asks Justice Mudgal panel
- Hate speeches: Petty statements by those claiming to be BJP well wishers deviating poll campaign, says Modi
Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray today appealed to people to overthrow the Congress governments in the state and at the Centre, saying they had ignored crucial issues like rising inflation, electricity shortage, corruption and Indo-Pak relations.
"Oust Congress and banish the darkness forever," the 86-year-old Sena patriarch said in a statement published in party mouthpiece 'Saamana' here.
Thackeray, who virtually announced retirement from public life in a video message at the annual Sena Dussehra rally in October, greeted people on Diwali. "Overthrow the
Congress governments in the state and at the Centre, which are a 'cancer'," he said.
The Sena chief flayed Congress governments for ignoring crucial issues like rising inflation, electricity shortage, corruption and Indo-Pak relations.
"Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde says all problems of the country would be solved by playing a cricket match with Pakistan," he said.
The Sena chief had yesterday said he was ailing but not on ventilator. "I am feeling breathless, but I am not on ventilator," he had said.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready