P Chidambaram seeks release of person held for photographing him
- 20 jawans feared dead as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Missing Malaysia airline: Man travelling on stolen passport identified as Iranian
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Finance Minister P Chidambaram on Thursday expressed surprise over the arrest of a person who reportedly attempted to take some pictures of him near the Chennai airport on Tuesday and sought his immediate release.
In a statement issued today, Chidambaram said he was surprised and disappointed to learn that a person who reportedly attempted to take some pictures of him was detained by police at the Chennai airport on Tuesday.
"I did not know about the incident until the media reported it yesterday evening. Immediately, I told that I had no knowledge of the incident and nobody had told me about it then or subsequently," he said.
"I do not know why the police has detained the person concerned. I have asked my office to get in touch with the Tamil Nadu police and request them to release the person immediately," Chidambaram said in the statement.
A 34-year-old man has been taken into custody for questioning after he was seen taking pictures of Finance Minister P Chidambaram at the Chennai airport.
Airport sources said Amir was seen taking pictures of the minister using his camera. He had confirmed first-class tickets to Delhi and from there to Dubai.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express