Pacers put Punjab in driverís seat against Haryana
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Dhowan takes over as Navy Chief, superseded Sinha resigns
- Election Commission lifts ban on BJP leader Amit Shah after he promises to behave
Riding high on medium-pacer Kuljeet Kuhar's brilliant bowing spell (6 for 44), Punjab bowled out Haryana for 143 runs in 48 overs in the first innings to be in a commanding position on Day One of the opening league match of U-16 Vijay Merchant Trophy being played at GMSSS, Sector 26, Chandigarh.
Punjab's skipper SanVir Singh won the toss on a cloudy morning and invited Haryana to take first strike. Punjab's new ball bowler Kuljeet struck in the third over and removed Haryana opener PR Dalal. From the other end, Harmeek Singh pressed the pressure button on and got Himanshu Rana's wicket. It was Shubham Rohilla (49) who brought some solidarity to the Haryana innings. After he perished, Haryana innings folded up for 143 in 48 overs. Kuljeet Kuhar (6 for 46) and Harmeek Singh (2 for 47) and Sanveer Singh (2 for 33) were the main wicket takers for Punjab.
In reply, Punjab ended the day with 101 runs on the board at the loss of three wickets in 42 overs. Mansab Gill (40 no) and Vineet Dhakka (16 no) were at the crease for Punjab. For Haryana A.R. Grewal (1 for 23), B.Yadav (1 for 24) and S.D. Aggarwal (1 for 18) were the main wicket takers.
Haryana:(1st innings): 143 all out in 48 overs (Shubham Rohila 49, Kuljeet Kuhar 6 for 46, Harmeek Singh 2 for 47, Sanveer Singh 2 for 33)
Punjab: (1st innings):101 for 3 in 42 overs (Mansab Gill 40 no, Vineet Dhakka16 no, A.R. Grewal 1 for 23, B.Yadav 1 for 24, S.D. Aggarwal 1 for 18).
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer