Padma awards announced
The Padma Awards were announced on the eve of Republic Day on Friday.
Veteran theater actor and singer Jaymala Shiledar, tabla player Pandit Suresh Talwalkar and entrepreneur Milind Kamble are amongst the Puneites who will be receiving Padma Shri award this year.
Poet Mangesh Padgaonkar , veteran cooperative sector leader Shivajirao Patil, artist Kanak Rele and health expert Dr Nandkishore Laud from Maharashtra are the recipients of Padma Bhushan awards.
Actor Nana Patekar, social activist Nileema Mishra, Dr Rajendra Badwe, Dr Sharad Kale, Deepak Phatak and Sudha Malhotra are among other noted personalities from the state who have won Padma Shri.
Talwalkar was in the middle of his performance when the organisers came up with a bouquet of flowers. He said that for him blessings of his gurus and parents were the biggest form of recognition.
Kirti, daughter of Jaymala Shiledar, told Newsline on behalf of her mother, said the her mother dedicated her whole life to Sangeet Natak. (musical drama) and the award was a recognition of her life-long commitment to the art-form. Shivajirao Patil said the Padma award conferred upon him was recognition for his efforts in field of cooperative sector during last six decades.
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students
- Ecclestone rules out Indian GP in 2015
- Captain Vidic abandons sinking ship at Manchester United, to sign for Inter Milan
- ‘50% voters in state between 20-39 years’
- Eye on Muslim votes, Modi’s Chai pe Charcha moves closer to home
- Saina lone Indian to survive opening day of All England