Padma Shri recipient new V-C of Ambedkar University
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- Kumar Vishwas files application alleging threat to life from Rahul and Priyanka
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs CSK: CSK lose Smith, McCullum after flying start against KXIP
Former Panjab University vice-chancellor and Padma Shri recipient Dr Ranbir Chander Sobti took over as vice-chancellor of Lucknow-based Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University (BBAU) on Monday. Sobti was appointed BBAU V-C last Tuesday by President Pranab Mukherjee in his capacity as the visitor of the university, for a period of five years. He took charge from outgoing V-C B Hanumaih.
Sobti is known for his nearly 40 year association with Panjab University. After obtaining his BSc, MSc and PhD degrees from Panjab University, he became its teaching assistant in 1974 and gradually rose and was appointed its vice-chancellor in July 2006. In 2009, he was awarded a three year extension. The same year, he was also awarded the Padma Shree.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer