Paediatric hospital project on fast track
- LIVE: ISI supports LeT, JeM and Hizbul, David Headley tells court
- J&K govt formation: Ram Madhav to hold talks with Mehbooba Mufti to break impasse
- Soldier, who survived Siachen avalanche, being flown to Delhi hospital
- DDCA row: Delhi HC dismisses Kirti Azad's plea seeking court-monitored probe
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth
Speeding up the process of a super-specialty paediatric hospital project in Noida, the UP government instructed the industrial development authority to appoint a consultant within two weeks for preparation of the detailed project report. The instructions were given by Infrastructure and Industrial Development Commissioner Anil Kumar Gupta at a high-level review meeting on Monday.
Five Meru cabs set on fire by miscreants
New Delhi: Five vehicles of Meru radio-taxi service were set ablaze in Kapashera, Southwest Delhi, on Monday by unidentified persons, police said. A security guard called police around 12.30 am. "Four fire tenders were rushed to the spot, and it took almost half an hour to douse the fire. No one was injured," a senior Fire official said. Police suspect it to be a case of arson.
Man arrested for killing wife, son in Narela
New Delhi: A Narela-based man was arrested on Monday for the murder of his wife and son. The bodies of Nisha and her son Vivek were found at their rented home in Swatantra Nagar on November 27. Neighbours called the police after they sensed a foul smell. "The husband, Santosh, was missing since the incident. He had gone to stay at his relatives' house in Ghaziabad. We arrested him when he came to Delhi," a police officer said. Police said Santosh suspected his wife of infidelity.
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress