Pak beheads Indian soldiers: Manish Tewari says 'Center doing everything to express anger at strategic level'
- Sonia Gandhi attacks BJP ideology, says Country is at crossroads
- Rahul mocks Modi, says his Gujarat development model is a toffee model
- Under fire over Baru's revelation, Congress retorts by calling 'Vajpayee the weakest PM India ever had'
- Narendra Modi, party not separate, no infighting: BJP on Joshi's remarks
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi
Saying that the Centre was doing everything at the "strategic level" to express its anger about the killing of two Indian soldiers by Pakistani Army, Union Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting Manish Tewari today said the incident was in violation of "rules of engagement".
"Government is doing everything at the strategic level to express its anger. We have said clearly that the incident is inhuman. The incident is in complete violation of the Geneva convention and rules of engagement," the Congress leader said here at a press conference.
"Government of India has articulated its position. Both Defence Minister and External Affairs Minister have made it clear that India has taken the entire incident extremely seriously," Tewari said.
He pointed out that Defence Minister A K Antony had gone to the extent of describing the incident as "a turning point" and said that diplomatic channels as well as other steps would be explored to take the matter to "rightful and logical conclusion".
About LeT founder and 2008 Mumbai terror attack mastermind Hafiz Saeed's challenge to the Indian government to prove that he was present near the Line of Control (LoC) a few days before the incident, Tewari said: "Home Minister has categorically stated that the government has conclusive evidence with regard to the presence of Hafeez Saeed in PoK."