Pak boat seized near Sir Creek
- Highest earners in 75% rural households earned below Rs 5K: SECC
- Ex-RAW chief's revelation: Congress seeks PM's apology for Gujarat riots
- Hema Malini's car accident: Victim's family upset with BJP MP
- Kandahar operation: BJP dismisses ex-RAW chief's claims of 'goof-up'
- Gujarat HC dismisses petition against PM Narendra Modi for filing defective affidavit
A Pakistani fishing boat was on Friday apprehended by the BSF from the Harami Nala near the disputed Sir Creek area, a BSF official said. "A Pakistani boat with fishermen and fishing equipment was trying to cross the International Maritime Boundary towards the Indian area near Harami Nala close to the Sir Creek area," a Gujarat-based BSF official said.
"When we tried to chase them down, the fishermen fled leaving behind the boat. Their boat has been apprehended and fishing equipment, which includes a fishing net and other items, have been recovered," the official said, adding that search operations were on. Further details were awaited, the official said. Harami Nala is a marshy, sluggish and shallow water channel, spread over 500 sq km on the India-Pakistan border here.