Pak boat seized near Sir Creek
- My government will not be vindictive: Narendra Modi on Robert Vadra
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- Rahul tears into Narendra Modi's 'toffee model' development in Gujarat
- Karnataka: At least six burnt to death, 12 injured as bus catches fire
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Sonia to address rally in Telangana; Smriti Irani to file nomination shortly
A Pakistani fishing boat was on Friday apprehended by the BSF from the Harami Nala near the disputed Sir Creek area, a BSF official said. "A Pakistani boat with fishermen and fishing equipment was trying to cross the International Maritime Boundary towards the Indian area near Harami Nala close to the Sir Creek area," a Gujarat-based BSF official said.
"When we tried to chase them down, the fishermen fled leaving behind the boat. Their boat has been apprehended and fishing equipment, which includes a fishing net and other items, have been recovered," the official said, adding that search operations were on. Further details were awaited, the official said. Harami Nala is a marshy, sluggish and shallow water channel, spread over 500 sq km on the India-Pakistan border here.